Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Up

First of all, I'm Jewish. This is not a religious picture in any way, shape, or form, as the first flickr commenter seems to think. That said, if that's what you want it to be, then it is. I picked this picture at the request of my roommate. I wasn't paying attention to the tour guide while we walked through Cairo. It was louder than hell, and I couldn't understand a word she was saying. Instead, I spent most of the time looking around. This is what I saw when I went into a back alley and looked up. It was cool. I pressed a button.

On another note, updating daily might exhaust all of my good pictures very quickly. I'm considering reducing the number of times I post a week to 3 or 4. Thoughts?

Looking Up

1 comments:

dania said...

As long as you're posting one pic at a time, giving room to linger on it, I think posting every day or 3 - 4 are equally worthy.

But if your pics will run out soon you've got your answer.

I like this one. It's a rather bizarre and amusingly ironic figure to see in downtown Cairo, while deafened by all the noise and activity. Cairo does have an important christian population, yet to see crosses hidden in the city as if you were playing "I-spy". . .