Saturday, April 25, 2009

Mantis

This photograph is the reason I keep my little Canon PowerShot point-and-shoot around. I don't own a macro lens for my D80, so I'm limited to using the macro function on the PowerShot.

As I was mowing my neighbor's yard a few years ago, I noticed this guy sitting on a bush, and I really wanted to get some pictures. I ran back to my house, grabbed the camera, and threw the bug into the grass where there was a bit more light. With this picture, I started to realize that I wasn't terrible and taking pictures, and it encouraged me to start taking the hobby more seriously. This was before I even owned the D80 that my parents got me for my birthday. Possibly the best birthday present ever.

Mantis

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Everybody's got that first photo that made them go, "Damn, I like this, get me a better camera and I'll really rock this shit."

this is a heck of a starting point. (I used to love, and still love the macro feature of my little canon elph. but, i've since gotten a macro lens because I just love up-close photography)