Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Not Google Street View

I don't think Google has made it down this street in Cairo yet, so I'm going to take the liberty of posting this small section of a street in Downtown Cairo for them. I'm really not much of a street photographer, and it makes me nervous taking pictures of other people, especially in a foreign country. Since I was already being judged by the Cairenes for walking with a camera around my neck and with a large gaggle of white Americans, I felt like I could get away with being a stupid tourist. I turned around and took one snapshot of the street scene behind me. It really had been a beautiful day in the city, and more people than usual were out on the streets. For those of you that have been to Cairo, you know that's really saying something about the crowd when there are more people than normal. Somehow, I managed to capture a rather relaxed, uncrowded shot.

Streets of Cairo

0 comments: