Thursday, May 6, 2010

The Mayor

So, I woke up this morning to find a bunch of Mayor Adrian Fenty's campaign volunteers and staff members waving signs and wielding clipboards in front of my apartment building.  I had to wade through all of them as they asked me if I was registered to vote in the District. "No. Leave me alone, please." Well, one of the volunteers pointed out that Mayor Fenty was standing on the corner.  The sight of him waving a sign absolutely had to be photographed, so I went back for my camera and decided I didn't care if I was late for work.  I took a few pictures, told him I wasn't registered in DC, and he told me to wear sticker. Small price to pay for some funny photos. I thought it especially hilarious that he continued to hold the sign up as talked to people passing him on the street.  I was only two minutes late for work.

Politics Now

0 comments: