Monday, May 4, 2009

Chicago in a Purple Sky

This photo has pretty much the same story as the other Chicago picture. Froze my @$$ off waiting for the sun to go down so I could get a night shot of Chicago. I may have gone a little overboard with the HDR processing on this one, but I like the colors. My friends always seem to do a double take when they see this picture and aren't sure whether or not it is a photograph. I assure you, this is a photograph.

My parents pointed out that there is a "44" written in lights on the center building. I didn't notice it until they pointed it out to me, and they told me it was in honor of then President-Elect Obama's victory earlier that month. Pretty cool stuff, if you ask me.


Chicago HDR

3 comments:

jen said...

So if you're ever out here during the summer, on a clear night, Wednesdays and Sundays there are fireworks from Navy Pier at about 9:30, and the light is exactly like this, and as you drive up Lake Shore Drive from 57th Street until Hollywood, it's spectacular. Twilight, buildings, and fireworks over the lake.

Also, the spelling stuff out gets pretty intense. Sometimes you can see words and images on about five or six of the buildings at once. I wonder how they coordinate all that for the individual office buildings. At night, do they just tell certain people to leave their lights on and others to make sure they turn them off, or does someone go through and do it to make sure it works out? Mysteries.

Anyway. Thanks. I'm enjoying the blog. Facebook chews up photos. :( Take care, good luck with the rest of the semester, and all that.

matt said...

i spotted the 44 right away. HA!

matt and reid's parents: 1, reid: 0.

Aaron said...

Try a wide angle HDR: http://www.photopharm.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/01/2745801051_5cf49c4108_o.jpg